- Posture & balance naturally deteriorate with age if something is not done to prevent it
- Balance (Equilibrium) = where your body actually is in space vs where you feel your body is in space
Stats on Falls
- Every year 1 out of 3 over the age of 65 living at home will have a fall
- 8 million ER visits by those over 65 due to falls every year
- The CDC estimates that by 2040:
-25 million falls/year…
-8 million injuries/year…
ALL CAUSED BY FALLS!
Once a fall occurs, there is a 50/50 chance of another fall within 6 months
Chiropractic Care Helps Prevent Falls
Recent studies prove that chiropractic care improves our brain’s ability to know where the arms and legs are (without looking) and therefore control the muscles of the trunk, arms and legs. It has also been proven that chiropractic care improves something called “step reaction time.” This means that your brain is able to more quickly detect a loss of balance and rapidly plan and execute an appropriate response to avoid a fall. All of this is simple- the spine acts like a relay center between your body & brain- when spinal segments are misaligned it causes delays or distortions in signals traveling through the spine. Specific chiropractic adjustments correct the misalignment and restore healthy signal flow which means improved brain/body communication & performance!